I’ve always pursued what I enjoyed, but the path has not been straight. As a result, I’ve worked in a lot of areas and can quickly pick up new topics.
I’ve worked in administrative law, litigation, labor and employment, bankruptcy, political law, and other areas and have written and edited documents with economists, finance experts, network engineers, business people, lawyers, and regulators.
I’m a member of the Northwest Independent Editors Guild, an active community of Pacific Northwest editors.
- Certificate in Editing, University of Washington, 2015
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1983
- B.S., Biochemistry, Brown University, 1976
Legal and Other Experience:
- Verizon/GTE, 1991-2010 (West Region general counsel since 2000)
- Rutter, Hobbs & Davidoff, 1988-1991
- UCLA School of Law, legal writing instructor, 1986-1988
- O’Melveny & Myers, 1983-1986
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, 1976-1983
- Editorial Freelancers Association, 2015-present
- Northwest Independent Editors Guild, 2013-present
- California State Bar, 1983-present
- Conference of California Public Utility Counsel, 1991-2014
Please see Elaine Duncan’s complete resume in LinkedIn